Why Corizon? Consider the Corizon Advantage
Consider the Corizon Advantage:
- Why Privatize? - Sites shifting from self-operating healthcare systems to contracted care through Corizon realize an average savings of approximately 15% on their healthcare costs. This financial savings, combined with giving the correctional administrators the ability to focus on custody, security and control issues provide a win-win partnership.
- Tangible Savings - We understand the current economic climate and how its public sector budget shortages affect our clients. Through leveraging our experience, breadth and expertise we are able to deliver cost savings in a variety of ways. Our hospital and physician networks keep costs down through negotiated pricing. Our extensive on-site services enable us to address most health issues at the facility, thereby reducing medical, transportation and security costs for off-site visits. Our telemedicine program offers consistent, quality care across our network of facilities, regardless of patient location. And our in-house pharmacy, PharmaCorr, provides a robust prescription drug formulary to control inventory costs. During seven years of a statewide prison system contract, Corizon realized more than $62.5 million in healthcare savings while obtaining system-wide NCCHC accreditation for more than 30 sites for the first time.
- Impressive Client Retention Rate - Providing quality service to our clients is a core component of who we are. Because we believe that a relationship built on satisfaction and mutual respect is vital to a successful partnership, it is our goal to meet or exceed our clients’ expectations in every aspect of our performance. We have developed extensive internal programs that demonstrate this commitment to clients and colleagues. They begin prior to the initial contract transition and become part of the ongoing interaction, communication and innovative service delivery. In an industry largely based on competitive bids, a high client retention rate speaks volumes about the ability of Corizon to respond to client needs while providing quality, cost-effective healthcare. Corizon currently has 15 clients who have been with us for 5-10 years, and 28 clients who have been with us for 10-20 years.
- Litigation Management - In the correctional healthcare industry, there will be litigation. Because we’ve been providing care for over 30 years, we have experience in withstanding the claims made against us with a strong litigation track record. For example, in 2008 97% of Corizon cases that were closed were closed with no indemnity payment. For the past eight years, 91% of our claims have been closed with no payment being made to the inmate. We consider this a testimony to the quality of care we give and our ability to stand behind our performance when challenged in court.
- Better Health Outcomes - By coordinating medical, behavioral health and pharmacy care, we deliver better outcomes with one-stop accountability. Integrated service delivery ultimately means a lower risk of errors and less waste.
- Accreditation Rate - Corizon has been successful at 100% of sites whose goal was to achieve ACA or NCCHC accreditation. Corizon provides services that reflect the standards of ACA and NCCHC whether or not the site is seeking to obtain or maintain accreditation.
- Client Survey - Meeting or exceeding the expectations of our clients is a fundamental measure of our success. Toward that end, Corizon surveys each client annually on a variety of performance and quality indicators. In April 2011, responses indicated that Corizon is meeting or exceeding expectations at an average of 93% in all areas of service. While our goal is always 100%, these survey results show that from a client perspective, the Corizon team is doing a lot of things right.