Why Corizon? Behavioral Health
Whether as part of comprehensive healthcare services or a stand-alone behavioral health program, Corizon considers its Behavioral Health Program to be integral to the success of our clients’ correctional healthcare.
The Corizon Behavioral Health Program has proven to be a model in the correctional healthcare industry. Our approach reduces risk to inmate patients, correctional facilities and the public by focusing on early identification and assessment, health education, prevention, treatment, continuity of care and reintegration services.
Features of the Corizon Behavioral Health Program include:
- Prompt, appropriate and consistent behavioral healthcare – Our rigorous assessment and classification of each inmate’s behavioral health needs include appropriate referrals, timely behavioral health interventions and collaboration with medical personnel.
- Reduced rates of suicide – Corizon offers a comprehensive suicide prevention program designed to meet the unique needs of the inmate population. As a result, we’ve seen a reduction of 40-47% over national averages for prison and jail populations.
- Higher quality at reduced cost with innovative technology – Using programs such as Telemedicine enables us to connect patients with the right expert care, while avoiding the cost of transporting patients offsite for treatment.
- Right level of care for every phase of treatment and recovery – Corizon offers a spectrum of treatment units including inpatient, behavioral management, transitional and step-down units, as well as treatment in individual and group settings.
- Secure and effective treatment in the most challenging circumstances – From crisis intervention and stabilization to long-term treatment in maximum security and disciplinary environments, Corizon offers effective care for seriously and persistently mentally ill inmates.
- Consistent coverage and quality – Our programs are highly flexible and can be customized to meet the ever-changing needs of your site.