About Corizon: A Culture of Patient Safety
Corizon’s company culture includes an emphasis on open communication and transparency, teamwork and accountability. These same goals provide the foundation for our corporate commitment to a culture of patient safety.
Corizon recognizes excellence in patient safety as a journey, rather than a destination. We are always striving to enhance the quality of the healthcare we deliver, ever mindful of safety, efficacy and cost-effectiveness.
Corizon has partnered with the National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF) with the core mission of “improving the safety of care provided to patients.” As the only correctional healthcare provider who is a member of the “Stand Up For Patient Safety” organization, Corizon is committed to:
- Promoting a culture of patient safety
- Enhancing teamwork and communication across the continuum of care at all levels of the organization
- Seeking new resources to build organizational awareness for patient safety, employee engagement and accountability
- Complementing current Corizon CE training with the NPSF Professional Learning Series
- Facilitating Company-wide organizational learning and process improvements
- Participating in NPSF Annual Patient Safety Awareness Week
To learn more about the National Patient Safety Foundation, visit www.NPSF.org.